Content marketing’s star continues to rise in its role as a key tactic for lead generation. B2B businesses need to address the increasing importance of content marketing according to just-released research from well respected MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
- Content marketing usage rates are up from last year.
- Marketers with a documented content strategy are having the greatest success.
- For those firms who describe themselves as effective content marketers 86% of them had someone who oversees content marketing strategy.
- Spending on content marketing averages 30% of the marketing budget.
- 58% of marketers plan to spend more on content marketing in 2014.
- 74% of B2B firms use content marketing for lead generation, but the number one goal for content marketing is increasing brand awareness at 82%.